We are Human Race – the UK’s leading mass participation events organisers, putting on major events in Running, Cycling and Triathlon around the country.
We bring together an active and diverse community of people each taking part for their own individual reasons. Our participants vary from nervous first timers through to World Champions, and we are proud that across our events participants raise millions of pounds for charities every year.
In practice, our purpose is embodied by our ‘CARE’ commitments:
The details and projects within these commitments are constantly evolving and we aim to constantly improve in these areas. Below you can read about some of the tangible things we have done and are doing in the Dorney Lake Series by Human Race.
- Many participants chose to use the events as a challenge to raise money for, we encourage all fundraising for good causes!
- Over the years we’ve had individuals do it for many reasons a specific charity, a personal cause, in memory of a loved one.
- You don’t need to get our permission to do this, but if you would like to share your story with us or get in touch with any questions, please get hold of us at email@example.com
- We encourage wheelchair athletes to take part – please email us below for further information (details below)
- For visually impaired participants we offer free places for their guides
- We provide specific disabled toilet facilities at the event.
- We have reserved parking closer to the event available for those who may require it, please get hold of us (details below).
- As it is a race, waves are done by age and gender, so you are competing with people at a similar level. Mates waves and beginner waves with a more relaxed atmosphere are also available.
- We have changing facilities available on site for anyone to use.
- The cycling event takes place on a closed road loop of Dorney Lake – which is great for novices, and also for more seasoned participants going for a fast time.
- We endeavour to always help people with different needs and requirements take part if we can. If you have any questions and are looking to take part and need to discuss any of the above (or anything that isn’t listed here) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you.
- We endeavor to make each event as safe as possible for all those participating and those impacted by it. Through careful planning and communication along the way we try to do out upmost to ensure an incident-free event for all.
- In response to the pandemic, we have developed our Guarantee so people can enter with peace of mind.
- We encourage all participants to only take part if they are fit enough to do so. To train properly well in advance and consult a Doctor or other professionals if required
- We send out event information regularly in the run up to the event to make people aware and keep them up to date with the latest advice and practical guides for the event.
- Please note all events are governed by British Triathlon rules, we will send you the main ones ahead of the event – you can find the full rules here
Recyling and Reducing Waste
- Working with the relevant stakeholders & councils, the waste from the event will be recycled where possible
- We will be separating waste at our Athlete Village to ensuring we are recycling as many items as possible
Race Packs & Pre-Event Communication
- Our extensive event guide is 100% digital and sent to participants via email, removing the need for any printing
- Participants register exclusively online, and all further event updates are sent via email and/or are posted on social media
- Race packs are posted out in a recyclable paper envelope
- Your personalised bib number included is made from firstron material which is recyclable
- The welcome letter inside the race pack is made from recyclable paper
Finish Line Items & Gifts
- Medals made from wood, a less intensive material than metal. They are ordered early to ensure they can be delivered by sea rather than air freight. They are designed to be kept as a memento by participants.
- All leftover/unclaimed medals will be recycled by an external company
- No leaflets or paper will be given out at the event