About the Event
At Banana Triathlon there are a total of SIX different takes on the triathlon theme which means there is something for everyone and anyone who wants to swim, bike and run in the UK’s most bananas multisport event! Whether you get a triathlon taster with the Banana Split or take on the Whole Banana, there’s something for all abilities and ages. The Banana Triathlon is all about getting involved in as many different ways as possible and to help you rope your family, friends and enemies in, there’s a relay option, the Bunch of Bananas Relay. Extra points for anyone who wears yellow on the day!
The venue provides the ideal environment for first time triathletes or experienced athletes looking to get an early season time under their belt and there’s always a buzzing atmosphere for both participants and supporters alike.
- Iconic Olympic venue
- Clean, calm lake waters
- Fast, flat closed road bike and run course
- Suitable for all abilities
- Renowned for its electric and supportive atmosphere
- A pre-event Scootathlon for age 4 – 8 years
- Finisher’s medal
- Free bananas for all!
- Free Parking
- Electronic chip timing
- Results texted to your mobile phone as you cross the line
Distances and Options
- Children’s Banana Split (11-14 years): 200m Swim, 5.3km Bike, 1.8km Run
- Banana Split (Taster for 15+ years): 200m Swim, 5.3km Bike, 2.5km Run
- Half Banana (Novice): 400m Swim, 10.6km Bike, 2.5km Run
- Banana Fritter (SuperSprint): 400m Swim, 21.2km Bike, 5km Run
- Whole Banana (Challenge): 800m Swim, 31.8km Bike, 7.5km Run
- Jumbo Banana (Olympic): 1500m Swim, 42.4km Bike, 10km Run
- Bunch of Bananas Relay: 800m Swim, 31.8km Bike, 7.5km Run
- Duathlon: 5km Run, 21.2km Bike, 2.5km Run
- Scootathlon: 390m Scoot, 390m Bike, 250m Run
**Competitors age 17 to 19 year of age are eligible to compete in the Junior category
- Entering in a group of 10 or more? You could save up to 25% – click here for more information.
- If you would like to enter as a corporate group, click here for booking and enquiries.